- About Us
- Our Services
- Other Features
- Contact Us
AVH Employment Opportunities
First things first, have you fully read the AVH website? Working at American Veterinary Hospital is a very rewarding career that requires EXCELLENCE in character, work ethic and work dedication. Before sending a resume, we would like to know that you care as much about who we are as we care about who you are.
Reading our website will help candidates learn who we are and our medical care and teamwork philosophy.
We hire people who are dedicated to caring for our community's pet family with complete dedication. Our team MUST be of the highest caliber of character, intelligence, work ethic and skill. Please understand caring for people's pets is caring for their family. Every candidate must commit to this as we commit to giving our very best.
If this is you, please read on. We can't wait to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All candidates must be able to pass background check and drug testing
No smoking, drinking or marijuana on AVH premises, property and Pet Motel premises and property
All employees are required to adhere to AVH modest professional dress code that can also be fun!
If you feel you have the ability to pursue excellence in pet care, serving our clients, honest, and have a positive helpful attitude to serve-- we are happy to train! If you have experience, minimal skills or no skills-- AVH has the same foundational work requirements for everyone:
1. During the training process, candidates must be dedicated to learn new ways, new skills as well as un-learn previous ways and skills that do not support our medical care and work environment protocols. Please understand that the training process causes everyone to slow down to train our new team member; Business slows down, clients have to wait longer while we interrupt the usual work flow to train. We only hire dedicated candidates. This is a career opportunity, not a "stepping stone" job. However, we do hire part-time summer help! Our summer help MUST BE DEDICATED AND carry out AVH character requirements.
2. Skilled or not, AVH requires the same quality in all new employees--good character. AVH defines good character as trustworthy, HUMBLE, dependable, honest, caring, thoughtful, kind, friendly, seeks solutions not revolutions, happy to help and happy to serve, receives correction with a proactive attitude. When caring for our community's pet family, there is NO room for pride. Everyone must ask for help, correct, and teach. Everyone must be able to grow new skills and learn from one another. We all tag-team and help when help is needed. We all clean the dirty jobs. We all do what is needed when it is needed. This is a true TEAM.
3. We evaluate every candidate by: an honest up-to-date resume, cover letter about themselves, character, phone interview, in-person interview, and how well they present their skills and experience during the interview process.
4. We are happy to train new veterinary assistants and receptionist employees. When applying for a certified technician position, applicants MUST BE CERTIFIED through official CALIFORNIA STATE veterinary technician schooling and training and have an up-to-date valid license. Please include certification license number in your resume.
Certified technicians will ALSO go through extensive training. CT's MUST have, but not limited to: a valid CALIFORNIA STATE CT license, humble attitude with our team, teachable attitude, self-governing in following our procedures/protocols and directions, correctable, positive disposition, proactive problem solver, dependable to arrive to work on time and within their schedule, and strive daily to pre-empt problems/concerns of pet owners.
RECEPTIONIST, VETERINARY ASSISTANT, CALIFORNIA STATE LICENSED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN CT
PLEASE READ ALL EMPLOYEE INFORMATION BEFORE CONTACTING AVH PRACTICE MANAGEMENT
* We have received many resumes with great credentials that are paramount. However, good character is just as important, if not MORE important. We can teach skills, but we are not in the business of teaching people to authentically care and have integrity. If you agree to our mode of operation, please read on!
Work description, but not limited to:
Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, setting up new clients and patients, preparation and maintenance of medical records, admitting and discharging patients, filling prescriptions, over the counter sales, mailings, computer operation, financial transactions, filing, and front office and reception area cleanliness and maintenance. Receptionists are also responsible for keeping the entrance waiting room and exit areas clean and organized. Receptionists may be appointed as assistant manager. If so appointed, their job responsibilities may include but not limited to: guiding nurse assistants, creative work solutions, assisting our doctor/s and team work with our AVH management team. Receptionists will assume the responsibility for acquiring the medical and legal information necessary for the performance of their duties.
Work description, but not limited to: verified technician certificate, resume that includes cover letter as stated above, drug free, dedicated love for pets, enjoys working with a team, happy to learn and apply new training skills provided by AVH, and clean where cleaning is needed, etc...
Technicians are responsible for hospital maintenance/cleanliness, assisting the doctors, laboratory procedures, some secretarial duties, some medical procedures, pharmacy, some operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, ability to do inventory tasks, daily treatment of hospitalized patients, rehabilitation, assisting in the operating room and maintenance of the OSHA and Hazardous Materials programs.
Please read Receptionist resume requirements above before submitting resume. Every team member is required to assist reception and tag-team with our assistant manager when necessary.
Work description, but not limited to:
Is trained or willing to receive training in the areas of: gentle pet handling, pet bathing and grooming with gentle care, keep hospital clean and fully disinfected, keeping all laundry clean/disinfected and well-organized, waste disposal, assisting our doctor/s, running lab work, some reception tasks. Training available.
March 10, 2020 OPENINGS AT THIS TIME.
*Some cross-over training is given to all team members.
FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES SEND
A short essay about you
In your essay please add how long you plan to live in the area, how long you would like to work at AVH, examples of positive and negative work environment experiences you have had with people, examples of problem solving, and pre-empting problems, examples of when you thought and acted outside of the box and what was accomplished, describe why you love animals, describe why you enjoy working with a good team and serving clients and caring for pets, give character qualities you respect and try to keep yourself and character qualities you do not respect and try not to keep yourself, answer the dreaded question, what is your main weakness and how do you overcome it (overcoming is the best part!).
Please give a bullet point resume of schooling/work experience/volunteer work (does not need to be animal related).
Please give two work references, and two character references.
Last request to add to your essay---As I write this and during much of my office work, our Big Mama girl brings me her ball and I am throwing it for her. How much do you love your pets and love caring for their health?
Please do not email American Veterinary Hospital for employment. PLEASE do email, snail mail, or drop off your resume information to:
American Veterinary Hospital
T. Hendrickson VPM